In this blog post we’ll go through the steps of creating an IP Pool for the vCAD before we start deploying it.
In our previous blog post we saw the Prerequisites for installing vCloud Application Director.
The documentation of vCAD 6.0 does not actually list out creating an IP pool as a pre-requisite but i faced an error while deploying it. So Hey, it will not hurt to go through another step to make sure you got everything right.
Also, there is a warning on the deployment phase that says
So lets see what all steps are involved in the process of creating an IP Pool.
- Click your Datacenter object
- Go to the “IP Pools” tab
- Click “Add”
This will open a dialog box where you will need to enter some details.
- Fill the required details:
- Enter the name of the Pool as vCAD
- Subnet: which network will be used and what is the mask?
- Enter the details of the gateway for the subnet used.
- Specify a range, the format is “192.168.10.173#1″, this would include 192.168.10.173 (This depends on what IP you have assigned in your environment)
- Do Not Tick the “Enable IP Pool” check box. We’ll do it once we deploy the vCAD Appliance and the power it on.
- Enter other information
- Fill out the DHCP,DNS and proxy details if and when required.
- Click on the “Associations” Tab and associate it to a network which was selected to deploy the vCloud Application Director server.
Once this is done, Click OK.
Once you deploy the vCAD Server you can come back and enable the pool before powering the server on.
We’ll see how to deploy the vCloud Application Director in our next blog post
2,186 total views, 1 views today